Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Army interferes with garage doors.

On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 23:10:53 GMT, aemeijers wrote:

Someone in charge admits he didn't get the word out well enough.

1) Don't they assign frequency ranges to things so that this sort of
thing doesn't happen?

2) How could the use of a frequency mess up the garage door openers?
Even if the govt. signal was stronger, why wouldn't the opener still
work? If the govt. signal was picked up by the opener, how come the
doors didn't open or shut. (Apparently they didn't since they would
surely have mentioned that.)

Must be a slow news day in Maryland-

Every day is a slow news day in Maryland. I miss NYC where the local
news was often as interesting as the national news. Like when I rode
my bicycle by the US mission to the UN and the door was bombed an hour
later, iirc. Maybe it was a day later, but still.

this has been going on for years,

Thanks to everyone.

If you are inclined to email me
for some reason, remove NOPSAM :-)