Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Mounting 2 x 4 to block wall ?

On Mar 10, 3:00*pm, "James" no wrote:
I want to mount a PT * 2 x 4 *to a cinder block wall in my basement, in
order to build some shelves.

What is the best way to do this ? * These shelves may hold a max of 100 lbs.

I have seen those lead "sleeves" which I suppose you screw lag bolts into.
Is that the best method ?

Are there other products which are easier to use ?

I do have some mortor bits, so I am guessing that I can drill into this wall
ok. * I don't think it is poured solid at this place in the wall.

Thanks for any tips.

James

I used the plastic anchors and all purpose (sheetrock) screws to
fasten 2x2 to non-vertical/non straight block walls. Insulated
between with 1" styro foam sheets and sheetrocked. Did that in 1/2
the basement. Looks great and still ther with no problems 20 years
later.

I also built shelves using nothing but the shelf brackets, plastic
anchors and all purpose screws. Also still there after 15 years.

I don't have anythign heavy stored on those shelves (yet) but the
brackets are the heavy duty ones and I would have no qualms about

Harry K