Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Tinning copper bar

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 12:49:23 -0700 (PDT), CS
wrote:

I have some lengths of cooper bar - 1 inc x 1/2 inch x 5 inch - used
as interconnectors on 2v battery cells. I wish to tin them and can
either cart them off to an electroplater or tin with solder. Solder
wire worked fine on a test piece with a blow torch. My question is
which solder bar to go for - lead free or leaded?? My instinct is
leadfree - tin with some silver and possible copper - something like
Sn96/Ag4.

TVMIA

Why do you want to tin them? You may get better suggestions for how
to proceed if you state the result you seek.