DG

Default Upholstery Stain Protection

I've just forked out a not inconsiderable sum on a new three piece
suite. The Salesman warned of my nigh on impending doom if I didn't
get this Scothguarded or Stainmastered or somesuch for the princely
sum of £270 for the whole suite.

Being a natural tight arse I declined his kind offers in this area,
much to his chagrin.

Anyway, having Googled around a bit it appears that all these fabric
protectors are some sort of Teflon based spray. So I was wondering if
any of you kind hearted souls could answer me the following questions:

1. Is £270 steep for this kind of work ? My gut feeling is it is. I
kind of got the feeling that these stain protection treatments are
viewed as a bit of a cash cow, much like those wonderful extended
warranties that the Dixons Group seems so very fond of.

2. Would it be feasible for me to Do it myself ?(Wahey, at least its
an on topic post now) Bearing in mind that my DIY experience is mostly
limited to flat pack furniture

3. Assuming it is feasible to do it myself could any of you recommend
the name of the product that would suit my needs and where I could
obtain it from ?

Thanks in advance.

--
DG