Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default Mounting 2 x 4 to block wall ?

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 17:00:27 -0500, "James" no
wrote:

I want to mount a PT 2 x 4 to a cinder block wall in my basement, in
order to build some shelves.

What is the best way to do this ? These shelves may hold a max of 100 lbs.

I have seen those lead "sleeves" which I suppose you screw lag bolts into.
Is that the best method ?

Are there other products which are easier to use ?

I do have some mortor bits, so I am guessing that I can drill into this wall
ok. I don't think it is poured solid at this place in the wall.

Thanks for any tips.

James

There are special blue concrete screws you can purchase at the Borg or
Lowes. You will need to purchase a mason bit of the proper pilot size
specified on the package. Just before fastening the ledger to the
wall, put a heavy bead of construction adhesive to the 2x4. Dry your
lumber first or purchase kiln-dried PT stock.