Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Where's the spam from

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 16:22:02 -0500, wrote:

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 13:33:01 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

While reading this newsgroup, I looked at the first message in each
thread (there were 54 threads containing new messages).

Of those 30 of them were spam, 100% of these came from Google Groups.
There were 24 non-spam threads, 15 of those (63%) did not come from
Google Groups.

I think google as a whole, is responsible for at least half the spam
on the net. When I stopped surfing with google and was careful not to
be logged onto a google affilliated company (like aol) my email spam
dropped by more than 50% ... in spite of the fact that I use my real
Email address everywhere.
If you see a google logo on your screen when you are surfing, you will
get spam about everything you search on.
Turning off cookies made my spam drop another 50% or more

I never enable cookies or scripts when on a Google website.

If I am getting spam from my usenet posts it is a very small number

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"So far as I can remember, there is not one word
in the Gospels in praise of intelligence."
--Bertrand Russell