Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
Charles Charles is offline

Default Mounting 2 x 4 to block wall ?

"James" no wrote in message
I want to mount a PT 2 x 4 to a cinder block wall in my basement, in
order to build some shelves.

What is the best way to do this ? These shelves may hold a max of 100
lbs.

I have seen those lead "sleeves" which I suppose you screw lag bolts into.
Is that the best method ?

Are there other products which are easier to use ?

Lead anchors or plastic anchors will work. The trick is to drill holes of
the correct size, with little distortion. A hammer-drill does the best job,
but an ordinary drill with a good masonry bit can work. Use enough anchors
to spread the load.