Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz Dave Hinz is offline

Default THIS GROUP IS DEAD

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 10:06:15 -0800, SteveB wrote:

rec.guns is the only moderated newsgroup I read. A moderated newsgroup
reminds me too much of Catholic school. You raise your hand. You wait to
be recognized. You are recognized at which point you may stand up. You
wait to be told you can speak. You are told you can speak. You ask your
question, or make your statement.
No thanks.

More like, in the case of rec.guns, make a couple of useful posts, the
mod overlooks occasional snarky posts. But if you question the value of
moderation in SOME contexts, compare rec.guns with talk.politics.guns,
and compare rec.music.beatles with rec.music.beatles.moderated

If you would like a moderated forum, they are very easy to start. Start
one.

But, don't screw up or the megalomaniacs in usenet.control or whatever
it's called will mock you incessantly. Talk about Napolean Complex in
action.