Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RoyJ RoyJ is offline

Default moving 1-ton; first time trying

You will just snap PVC pipes. Planks, 1-1/2" steel pipe, pallets, a com
a long will load a car hauler but it will be a long day.

Bernard Arnest wrote:
that's a good idea....

turns out the quarry will not help me with a forklift, not even for a
price.
How about getting a car trailer, which should tilt to the ground; a
come-along, a couple crowbars, a bunch of cut-up PVC pipes, and
rolling it up onto the trailer?? Never need to lift it off the
ground.

On Mar 10, 11:52 am, James Waldby wrote:
On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 01:32:46 -0800, Bernard Arnest wrote:

[re 1-ton piece of marble] A friend has a diesel truck that may or may not hold 3000# in the
bed, and definitely can tow a trailer; the ones uhaul rents for $25/ day
can take 1650# (maybe home depot has some heavier duty ones?)

Apparently you are looking at the 5x9 ramp trailer,http://www.uhaul.com/guide/index.asp...pentrailer-5x9
but for about $5 more you can go to 1915 pounds in a 6x12,http://www.uhaul.com/guide/index.asp...entrailer-6x12
and UHaul also has flat vehicle trailers with 4000 pound capacity
that might be ok if you can find a way to fasten the rocks down.

I've seen some 5x9 ramp trailers loaded at least a thousand pounds
over the weight that UHaul recommends; they towed just fine, but of
course you shouldn't do that if going any distance.

[snip Plans A-D]