Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] kbeitz@lockhavenonline.com is offline

Default Holding a cone in the lathe....

On Mar 10, 1:13*pm, wrote:
I need to hold a stainless cone while I trim and bevel it in the lathe.
Any ideas on how to hold the cone?

One thought was to weld the big end to a a base plate and then use the tailstock to support the other end.

I might also turn an aluminum cone and slide it over and ecure it with ????

You can see a picture of what I'm trying to hold as the third picture down he

http://unreasonablerocket.blogspot.c.../03/parts.html

Or He

http://www.mcmaster.com/library/5/560702/44675K460l.gif

Paul

What I do is make a shaft with a face and then melt some lead and make
a casting that holds both the face shaft and your part...
Do your lathe work and melt the lead to seperate the parts...
Works great with any odd shape part...