Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_5_] SteveB[_5_] is offline

Default Cats still ****ing on basement floor.

Put one sheet of copper on the end of the step, and one sheet on the
floor having them insulated. Now you connect one sheet to the
positive and the other to the negative and when the cat sprays he
connects the circuit and it immediately imprints on his little pea
brain that ****ing there is not a good idea.

It's been tested, and it hardly ever works because the stream of urine is
rarely continuous. Snopes. Mythbuster. Shocking devices do work, and they
can be made to lie flat on the floor so that when the animal even enters the
area, they get a training shock. I'm setting up one now for a neighbor's
dog that steals my suet cakes from atop a kopi. It's going to have a hard
fall about six feet when it gets zapped. I think once ought to do it.

Steve