Posted to alt.home.repair
Grandpa Chuck Grandpa Chuck is offline

Default Cats still ****ing on basement floor.

On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 14:38:37 -0500, Norminn
wrote:

Grandpa Chuck wrote:

We tried almost everything recommended to get our two cats to use
their litter pans and they do a pretty good job of it. However,
regardless of how often we clean and/or change the litter they still
go to the basement and **** on the floor up against the wall and the
riser for the bottom step.

The last thing we tried was washing the area thoroughly with citrus
based cleaner and then laying a towel there soaked in the solution for
about two days. Then we took three layers of newspaper and laid them
on the floor and part way up the wall and up the riser. We put a 50#
weight on it so they could not move it. By the next morning the
newspapers were stained with cat urine.

There has to be a definitive answer that will convince them to go to
their litter pans every time.

Anyone have any suggestions that do not involve harming the cats?

Do cats have run of the house?

Yes.

one dominant?

The five pound cat is just as apt to attack the fifteen pound cat as
the bigger one is to attack the smaller one. It appears it is
sometimes their way to play.

It may be the dominant
one, if there is one,
that is being bad. Can you keep them separate, or board one for a
while, to see who it is?

Not at the price they get for boarding fees around here.
--

Grandpa Chuck
-τΏτ-

Please grant me:
the serenity to accept the people I cannot change
the courage to change the one that I can
the wisdom to know that it is me