Posted to alt.home.repair
Grandpa Chuck Grandpa Chuck is offline

Default Cats still ****ing on basement floor.

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 19:25:07 -0500, "HeyBub" wrote:

Grandpa Chuck wrote:
On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 18:22:33 -0800, "Roger Shoaf"
wrote:

Put one sheet of copper on the end of the step, and one sheet on the
floor having them insulated. Now you connect one sheet to the
positive and the other to the negative and when the cat sprays he
connects the circuit and it immediately imprints on his little pea
brain that ****ing there is not a good idea.

If the correct voltage and amperage combination is selected, no
permanent damage will result. A former employer of mine did this to
detrain the neighbor cats from using his hubcaps as territory
markers.

Now there is an idea that makes some real sense since we have never
been able to catch them doing it.

Try installing a small fan that continuously blows across the area.

Have you considered the problem might not BE the cats?

1. The wood is "weeping" some vile substance put there originally by a "Save
the Trees!" hippie.

2. Some other animal (racoon, opossum, Gila Monster) is doing the deed with
the intent to sully the reputation of your cats and a long-range goal of
eliminating the felines so this malovelent creature can have full reign over
the territory. I know, for example, that badgers and ground hogs are both
extremely devious.

This house was built in 1909, so I doubt those things happened.
--

Grandpa Chuck
-τΏτ-

Please grant me:
the serenity to accept the people I cannot change
the courage to change the one that I can
the wisdom to know that it is me