Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Wayne Tiffany Wayne Tiffany is offline

Default Sony KV27S15 died

"bz" wrote in message
98.139...

Some regulators have overtemp protection built in.
Those can survive an overload like you saw.

The fact that you have a non zero voltage says you don't have a dead
short.

You might be able to trace down the overload by measuring resistance.

It would have been better if you had a dead short, however, because then
you could use an ESR meter or low ohm meter to track it down.
You may need to start removing parts, jumpers, and/or cutting traces.

Pick a nice clear run of a trace and cut it with a sharp razor knife. To
patch it later, scrape off the solder resist, tin and solder a bridge
across the cut with a short piece of wire that will handle the current.

Try to isolate various sections in a logical manner.

Don't forget to bridge ALL the cuts!

bz

infinite set.

remove ch100-5 to avoid spam trap

Good thought - I'll take a look like that when I get a chance. Thanks.

WT