Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mawdeeb Mawdeeb is offline

Default South Bend Lathe - trying to identify for eventual sale

wrote:
Hi all,

I'm handling the estate of my late father-in-law, who has a South Bend
lathe in his workshop. The lathe has no identifying markings or
serial number that I can find. I'm wondering if anyone can help me
identify it from these photos:
http://learningapi.com/files/ebay/lathe/

While it's quite dirty, the lathe is is good working condition and was
used regularly until just recently. There's a drawer full of parts and
accessories that I cannot identify (some shown in photo) as well.
Does anyone have an idea of what this machine would be worth in the
Boston area?

Thanks for any advice you can offer!
Larry

Serial number is stamped at the tailstock end of the bed. Top looking
down. Far right as facing the machine. Between the flat and v-way near
the two screws that hold the leadscrew mount.

South Bend has or had a serial number cross reference that would
determine the machine's date of manufacture.

Should be a model number name plate at the end of the bed or or along
the back of the bed either end.

Good Luck
Jim Vrzal
Holiday,Fl.