Posted to alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default Hanging large plaque

On Mar 10, 7:52*am, CJT wrote:
Srt wrote:
Hi,
I have a large pottery plaque relief of a knight on a horse which had
wire looped hoops embedded in the back. for hanging .These have worn
through and broken away.
Is there some form or type of fixing that would replace these.
The plaque is 17" x 17" x 1" and is quite heavy .
It does not seem as if it could be drilled into at the rear. Any ideas
would be appreciated.
Stuart.

Maybe you could hang it similar to how they hang heavy mirrors -- a
series of clips around the edge.

minimize spam. *Our true address is of the form .

Suggestion by having small clips under bottome edge and then running
the hanging wire or wires through two guides epoxied to the back
further up , most of the weight would be taken by the two clips on
bottom edge and the two guides would keep plaque from falling away
from the wall?