Posted to alt.home.repair
Grandpa Chuck Grandpa Chuck is offline

Default Cats still ****ing on basement floor.

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 09:53:12 -0700 (PDT), Kyle
wrote:

On Mar 8, 5:29 pm, Grandpa Chuck wrote:
We tried almost everything recommended to get our two cats to use
their litter pans and they do a pretty good job of it. However,
regardless of how often we clean and/or change the litter they still
go to the basement and **** on the floor up against the wall and the
riser for the bottom step.

The last thing we tried was washing the area thoroughly with citrus
based cleaner and then laying a towel there soaked in the solution for
about two days.

On Mar 9, 10:43 am, ransley wrote:
Spray the area with bleach

Neither is a solution. Cat urine contains elements which are not
removed by household cleaners, even bleach in some cases. So the cats
smell these enzymes (or whatever) and believe that's an acceptable
place to pee.

To deal with the surface (and hopefully the behavior) you want
something like this: http://www.epinions.com/reviews/Natu...Odor_Rem over.
As the human of two cats, I can personally attest to its effectiveness
on floors and furniture.

We have used it and it did not help one bit, but thank you for the
input.
--

Grandpa Chuck
-τΏτ-

Please grant me:
the serenity to accept the people I cannot change
the courage to change the one that I can
the wisdom to know that it is me