Roger Shoaf

Default Living without air conditioning.

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , Roger Shoaf says...

Myself I am not worried about 1 or 2 zoomies, I worry more about all of

the
zoomies released from the tons of radioactive material released by

burning
coal. this exposes the population to a lot more than 1 or 2 zoomies, it

is
probably killing hundreds or thousands of folks per year from there
continued exposure.

Sounds like you have a near-religious hatred of coal-burning
power plants. Doesn't this get in the way of a rational discussion?

Religious hatred? No. I just think it is a monumental stupidity to ignore
the science, and the numbers and the reality that dictates that nuclear
power is the only thing we got to make the electrical power we need and
want.

Uranium is abundant. Without, reprocessing the uranium used to produce all
the electrical power a family of four needs for 20 years would fit inside a
shoe box.

If we were to reprocess the spent fuel rods, the same amount of power would
result in waste that would fit into a pill bottle.

This is not a lot of material to mine and process for the benefits of 20
years of power. Now when you consider the giant pile of ash and the smoke
and the all the other crud that is produced to produce the same amount of
power from coal.

I don't think a recognition of these facts in any way inhibits a rational
discussion.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.