Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default laminated flooring cost

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 19:02:38 -0400, "john"
wrote:

Does this seem like a decent cost ? 710 square feet of laminated flooring
of my choice at $3 a square foot. Installed on top of radiant heating
(concrete) at a cost of $4000 ? Everything is out of the way too..all
furniture and stuff is upstairs.

He recommends to leave the original baseboard trim where it is and not
remove it. When the wood goes up against the trim, he will use a molding to
connect the 2. Does that seem like a normal way of doing it ? I want a
tight seal since I have minor radon levels down there. Would it be possible
to have a better tight seal if the wood trim was removed ?

I appreciate any info, you guys have always been the best.

john

Follow the installers advice. The flooring will expand and contract.
The quarter round moldings he plans(?) would be caulked and touched up
with paint.

Not sure about the cost...