Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Army interferes with garage doors.

noespaem wrote:
"aemeijers" wrote in message

snip

(very interesting info snipped)

No, the local PD/Fire system is a statewide 800 band Motorola p25
trunked(which a lot of Federal users are jumping onto as well), with not
enough towers, leading to multiple dead spots, especially in steel-frame
buildings. Said dead spots aggravated by the insistence at running even
routine comms encrypted.

Thank heavens I don't have to deal with that mess. (My office has
vanilla vhf with a very tall repeater- stone age, but works great.)I
mostly spec and buy vanilla vhf, or trunked 380-412. Don't think I ever
bought any MA/COM, though. Wherever possible, I am cutting our sites
over from standalone systems to be tenants on host trunk system, so I
buy what they can support locally. (lots of XTS5000, lately)

aem sends...