Posted to rec.woodworking
Jerome Jerome is offline

Default Dewalt 735 thickness planer

On Mar 9, 9:01*pm, Jerome wrote:
It seems that Lowe's has lowered their price to $498. And there is 17%
off until 3/31/08.
DW735 for around $400 does not seem to bad a price to pay.

Infinity cutting tools has better knives for the dw735.

"Specialty Planer & Jointer Knives

These premium quality HSS Planer knives are forged from a special
grade of German tool steel. This material is extremely resistant to
abrasion and wear while their deep hardening properties make them
particularly suitable for tools requiring repeated sharpening.

Currently we offer specialty knives for the DeWalt 735 planer. These
knives have two ground edges so you can change sides once one becomes
dull. Our knives should hold their edge longer under normal conditions
and they can be sharpened with a diamond hone. "