Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default remove trailer deck

On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 16:20:47 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm,
"Pete C." quickly quoth:

Larry Jaques wrote:
I've seen self-drilling screws for sheetmetal, but for framing
members?!? Is there such a thing?

Absolutely, and the ones designed for these decking applications have a
special wide head design and frequently a Torx type drive.

Cool! I'll have to look for some.

HELL no! I'd use a larger bit to open up the holes (when I drilled
out the existing screws, then put in screws from the bottom.

There is a reason that *no* manufacturer of any kind of decked trailer
does it that way...

Because they didn't use triple-dipped hardware? g

--
The best and safest thing is to keep a balance in your life,
acknowledge the great powers around us and in us. If you can