Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default Looking for, Cast Iron Hack-Saw Cut-Off Kit.

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 08:52:26 -0400, "ATP*"
wrote:

"W. Kirk Crawford" wrote in message
.. .
Greetings,

I remember, 45 years ago, in my high school machine shop, they offered
cast iron kits. Some were a drill press or a hacksaw blade cut-off saw.
There may have been others, but I am looking the the hacksaw blade cut-off
kit.

Do any of you know where to get one? I have searched the internet, but
can't find every hole out there.

W. Kirk Crawford
Tularosa, New Mexico

I've never seen that, have you seen the Gingery books offered by Lindsay?
With those, you have to cast the iron yourself.

=========
I have the Gingery plans.
http://www.lindsaybks.com/dgjp/djgbk/hack/index.html
also see
http://www.green-trust.org/junkyardp...werHacksaw.pdf

There is a casting kit available from a supplier in the UK, but
with the weak dollar its expensive and shipping is expensive
http://www.blackgates.co.uk/

Unka' George [George McDuffee]
He that will not apply new remedies,
must expect new evils: