Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Who prefers traditional units?

Huge wrote:
On 2008-03-09, The Medway Handyman
wrote:
Huge wrote:
On 2008-03-07, The Medway Handyman

If you mean Body Mass Index its a totally discredited system.

Do you *really* want to be killfiled?

Why? Because I have an opinion thats different to yours?

No, because you're an idiot.

Do some research.

Hint: One of us has a degree in biochemistry. Further hint: It isn't
you.

BMI dates from the early 1800's and takes no account of proportions
of fat, muscle, bone, cartilage, water weight etc. In other words
it doesn't work for individuals.

If you're sufficiently dumb that you fail to take things like that
into account when discussing BMI, then more fool you. For the general
population BMI is perfectly reasonable measure. It certainly isn't
"totally discredited".

OK smartass, since you are the font of all knowledge, enlighten me.

I am 1.87m tall and weigh 107 kg. Now what does that tell you, with your
alleged degree in biochemistry about me? I'm part of the general population
and its a reasonable measure - what am I like?

Your words of wisdom are eagerly anticipated oh wise one.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk