Posted to uk.d-i-y
www.GymRatZ.co.uk www.GymRatZ.co.uk is offline

Default Screwfix free delivery "trick"

wrote:
On 9 Mar, 18:45, Peter Lynch wrote:
I suppose you could give the vouchers as christmas presents ;-)

Does anyone have the script of the Jasper Carrot sketch on the
relative (de-)merits of giving a £10 store voucher versus a £10 note?

Dunno, but... from a retailers perspective, where you sell VAT & non VAT
items then a £nn voucher can be sold as Zero VAT so..... the retailer is
actually 17.5% better off when customer redeems a voucher against a VAT
chargable product. Reason being the voucher _could_ be used against
Zero VAT items therefore VAT is not payable on the sale of the voucher
at time of sale.

;¬)

Sneaky tip for anyone selling kids clothes, safety boots or food
products alongside full VAT items.

I didn't mention it though. (We have only ever sold about £150 worth of
vouchers anyway)

Pete