Harold & Susan Vordos

Default 3 phase question, new installation

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message

"Harold & Susan Vordos" wrote in message

"Gary Coffman" wrote in message
snip-------

If you have 3 ph delta 220, you will be able to supply 220 1 ph for

the
kilns by connecting between any two hots, but there won't be any 120
volt to neutral (delta doesn't have a neutral, and the voltage from

any
hot to ground won't be 120 volts).

Not true. Phases A and C to neutral yield 120V, phase B to neutral

yields
208V. Delta panels *do* (or can) have 120 volts. My shop is wired

three
phase delta and has 5 wires, four conductors ( A, B and C phase, plus
neutral) and one ground. One avoids using the B phase for 120V,

obviously.

Harold

Harold

What you describe above is exactly what I have! I note in your later post
that you recommend conduit. Very easy to do in my particular case, and

will
do so incorporating 5 wires total.
Thank you so much for your insight.

Ivan Vegvary

You're very welcome, neighbor. Hopefully Susan and I can stop by to pay
a visit some day in the future when we're in Portland.

Harold