Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Exploding floor

On Mar 9, 12:36*pm, "jmagerl" wrote:
I've posted about this before, every winter the ceramic tile in my kitchen
pops off the floor (thinset over plywood).
At first I thought it was temperature because it usually occured on the
coldest day of the year. But what about humidty, can the dry air of winter
cause a plywood sheet to shrink enough to cause the tile to pop off?

Its too late for this year, the damage is done. but next year I will be
having a humodifier going to test the theory out.

Its not humidity it is the subfloor is substandard.