Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default got a DTV converter

On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 08:14:14 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Mar 7, 1:40*am, wrote:
On 7 Mar 2008 00:33:53 GMT, Jim Yanik wrote:

check this site out;
http://www.freelabs.com/~whitis/elec...tv_converters/

they have a comparison chart.

the Digistream D2A1D10 runs on 9 VDC.
Artec T3A 12 VDC/4W max.
MicroGem MG2000 has a "DC input"
Sansonic FT300A runs off a wallwart;it may be either low voltage DC or AC.

Thanks, Jim, that us useful information. I have some inverters but I
would be happy to have a converter that works with my little battery
set if we are really in the storm.
All of that inverter/generator stuff is nice for after the storm while
you are waiting for FPL

I am guessing the manufacturers will have small digital sets some day
but I am not in a hurry to buy one and eat their startup costs.

All TV sets being manufactured for sale in the US must now have a
digital tuner. This reqt started with the large screens sizes
several years ago and worked it;s way down to even the small ones.
Plus, even without the specific govt reqt, who would buy any set today
that doesn't have a digital tuner.

Those who have limited money, and no need for a digital tuner. I know
several people in that situation.

Current plan is for NTSC OTA to be
turned off in less than a year.

I am
really waiting to see where the whole TV market is heading before I
buy much new. I still think there will be a huge IP based TV system on
the internet ... as soon as they can get the business model and DRM
problems worked out. The writer's strike was just the first battle *

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"So far as I can remember, there is not one word
in the Gospels in praise of intelligence."
--Bertrand Russell