Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default Any Smart DumbAss in here knows How to Increase the Capacitanceof Electrolyte Capacitor?

Don Bowey wrote:

On 3/9/08 7:14 AM, in article
,
" wrote:

On Mar 9, 2:40 pm, John Fields wrote:

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 04:42:53 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Mar 9, 10:47 am, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Hello folks,

I am getting cheap these days, I am trying to cut corner by tripling the
capacitance in the capacitor, is this possible? I have heard that it's
possible. Some people have done it successfully. I am just wondering if
any of you smart dumbass can help.

If you weren't quite the ill-informed idiot that you are, you'd know
that the dielectric in an electrolytic capacitor is formed by the
electrolytic oxidation of the surface of the aluminium foil the forms
the plates of the capacitor.

---
LOL, hook, line, and sinker! :

http://www.vcomp.co.uk/tech_tips/ref...eform_caps.htm

If you weren't another uninformed idiot, you'd realise that the
proposition is at least potentionaly rational, even though Michael
Terrell is the source. It would be a daft thing to do, but could work,
after a fashion.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Bill, you're an idiot. Mike Terrell didn't post that.

and what makes you so sure?

--
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

"Daily Thought:

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT
THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5"