Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon Grimly Curmudgeon is offline

Default Who prefers traditional units?

drugs began to take hold. I remember Rod saying
something like:

of statins

When you get doctors suggesting (as I heard on the radio some time ago)
that they are safe enough to give to everyone, I think that they need to
be much less likely to cause rhabdomyolysis than even 0.5% of treated
patients.

I certainly wouldn't be in favour of mass medication along the lines of
fluoride. Statins haven't been in use long enough, imo.

[I also enjoy watching House M.D. which might be why...]

I found it got a bit formulaic after the first series (nay, episode) -
kid has rare condition, every treatment is tried, it turns out to be a
left field cause, bingo - House is the grudging dismissive grumpy hero,
again.
--

Dave