Posted to alt.home.repair
John McGaw John McGaw is offline

Default Flickering Low Voltage Lights

RBM wrote:
]
wrote in message
Today I did a bit of spring maintenance and fixed a few low voltage
lights that weren't working. I spliced in fresh connections and all
the lights are once again working. However, one light, a spotlight,
is now flickering while the others are all shining steadily. The odd
thing is the flickering light was not one of the ones I repaired and
is, in fact, pretty much at the opposite end of the line from the
repaired ones. To clarify, it's not the very last light, there are two
more path lights that follow it in the lighting sequence that are
shining steadily. Any clues as to what's going on?

Bad connection at the lamp, socket

If it is a bi-pin halogen lamp then I'd vote for a bad connection between
the socket and lamp. I've had probably a dozen low-voltage lamps like this
and such problems have been pretty common. For me, puck fixture failures
have been the worst and I'm replacing them with Mepla Alfit which seem a
bit better than the big-box trash I originally installed.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]