Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb himself[_4_] cavelamb himself[_4_] is offline

Default Anyone with experience with this sensor?

Don Foreman wrote:

You need not use assy methods suitable for automated mass production
when making only 50 pcs.

If you must have the pot on the PC board, then mount the board on
standoffs and screws thru oversized holes. Run the shaft thru the pot
hole, tighten mounting screws so everything is lined up. The
precision is in the assembly process, not in the manufacture.

I'd run leads to the pot, assemble the pot, shaft and frame, stick
the pot to the side of the frame with epoxy. The load on the epoxied
joint is negligible and the pot will keep itself properly located
while the epoxy cures. This task could be done by anyone who could
build a model airplane.

I'll bet it would less time (with less skilled help) to do 50 of
these this way than it might take to make detailed dimensioned
toleranced prints and negotiate with fab vendors.

FWIW, I'd take Don's suggestions to the bank.