Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Union workers make more money $

Hi Stuart -

Been there and had it a bit better. I remember the long prop planes
in the old days - years before Star Wars were coined.

It is hard for most people to consider flying 11 or 12 hours a day
in one plane only to get into another a few hours later.

I started doing the same when I worked for a large company on the west coast.
Spent time in Asia and Europe and at home some times.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

Stuart & Kathryn Fields wrote:
"SteveB" meagain@rockvilleUSA wrote in message

In 2005, an average Chief Executive Officer (CEO) was paid 821 times
as much as a minimum wage earner, who earns just $5.15 per hour. An
average CEO earns more before lunchtime on the very first day of work
in the year than a minimum wage worker earns all year.

You forgot to mention that he probably works six or seven days a week, and
60-100 hours. He comes in if he's sick. He doesn't take paid holidays.
He travels all night to be there for a meeting in another city in the
morning. Then he hops on a jet, flies home, gets a couple of hours sleep,
and is there at 0630 to be ready for the 0800 meeting. He does things a
"minimum wage worker" would not consider doing, nor be required to do
under current liberal Democrat worker rights laws. He also stands to be
terminated at will, at the whim of management, or at the change of
officials.

If he wants to work that hard, I'm all for giving him the dough. It's
dough that I'm not smart enough to make happen, or too lazy to work that
hard for.

Just give me forty and the door, is what I say. I have owned my own
businesses, and made less than the help. And worried a lot more.

And what is keeping these minimum wage workers from getting education,
training, and experience and knocking this King of the Hill off his
throne?

Answer: nothing but their own stupidity, lack of motivation, lack of
ambition, and laziness.

Steve

Steve:

What was I doing wrong? When I worked at the Kwajalein Missile Range I
would get a call to attend a meeting in Wash D.C and have to catch a ride on
a C 141, freeze my butt, 2500 miles later, change planes in Hawaii again
5,000 miles later in Chicago and finally land in Dulles or Reagan, jump in a
cab and attend a meeting that at least once only lasted 20 minutes, then
grab a cab and head for the airport and reverse the film and end up in
Kwajalein late in the afternoon only to find out that I would be supporting
a mission at 3 o'clock in the morning. For awhile this happened twice a
month. Never did learn to sleep on a plane. At one time I was called on to
entertain the Chief Scientist of the Star Wars group from Wash. Took him
sailing on our boat and was followed by his security team of 4 guys with
machine guns in a big inflatable.
Sometimes I wasn't sure who I was or where I was going or why. I missed the
salary boat as I didn't get anywhere near 20 times the minimum wage. BTW
the base commander could put my name on a piece of paper and even though I
was Civil Service, my wife and I would be gone with the next C 141. No
reviews, questions or anything. Stress was a bit high but the sailing and
scuba diving, when job permitted, was great. Maybe that was my CEO perk
equivalent.

Stu