Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Union workers make more money $

"Stuart & Kathryn Fields" wrote in message
.. .

"SteveB" meagain@rockvilleUSA wrote in message

In 2005, an average Chief Executive Officer (CEO) was paid 821 times
as much as a minimum wage earner, who earns just $5.15 per hour. An
average CEO earns more before lunchtime on the very first day of work
in the year than a minimum wage worker earns all year.

You forgot to mention that he probably works six or seven days a week,
and 60-100 hours. He comes in if he's sick. He doesn't take paid
holidays. He travels all night to be there for a meeting in another city
in the morning. Then he hops on a jet, flies home, gets a couple of hours
sleep, and is there at 0630 to be ready for the 0800 meeting. He does
things a "minimum wage worker" would not consider doing, nor be required
to do under current liberal Democrat worker rights laws. He also stands
to be terminated at will, at the whim of management, or at the change of
officials.

If he wants to work that hard, I'm all for giving him the dough. It's
dough that I'm not smart enough to make happen, or too lazy to work that
hard for.

Just give me forty and the door, is what I say. I have owned my own
businesses, and made less than the help. And worried a lot more.

And what is keeping these minimum wage workers from getting education,
training, and experience and knocking this King of the Hill off his
throne?

Answer: nothing but their own stupidity, lack of motivation, lack of
ambition, and laziness.

Steve

Steve:

What was I doing wrong? When I worked at the Kwajalein Missile Range I
would get a call to attend a meeting in Wash D.C and have to catch a ride
on a C 141, freeze my butt, 2500 miles later, change planes in Hawaii
again 5,000 miles later in Chicago and finally land in Dulles or Reagan,
jump in a cab and attend a meeting that at least once only lasted 20
minutes, then grab a cab and head for the airport and reverse the film and
end up in Kwajalein late in the afternoon only to find out that I would be
supporting a mission at 3 o'clock in the morning. For awhile this
happened twice a month. Never did learn to sleep on a plane. At one time
I was called on to entertain the Chief Scientist of the Star Wars group
from Wash. Took him sailing on our boat and was followed by his security
team of 4 guys with machine guns in a big inflatable.
Sometimes I wasn't sure who I was or where I was going or why. I missed
the salary boat as I didn't get anywhere near 20 times the minimum wage.
BTW the base commander could put my name on a piece of paper and even
though I was Civil Service, my wife and I would be gone with the next C
141. No reviews, questions or anything. Stress was a bit high but the
sailing and scuba diving, when job permitted, was great. Maybe that was
my CEO perk equivalent.

You had the wrong connections; you weren't part of the old-boy network of
compensation-committee mutual back-scratchers; you belonged to the wrong
country club; and so on.

Forget Steve's myths. That's all they are. Sure, you will work very hard as
a CEO, but that only explains perhaps 1/50th of their income. The other
49/50ths is other things, most of which have absolutely nothing to do with a
company's performance.

It's game that one has to really, really want to play, because the rules
would make most of us puke.

--
Ed Huntress