Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default got a DTV converter

On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 12:48:19 -0500, wrote:

For now I will just be happy if I can get one that will run on some
low voltage DC (batteries when the power is off) so I can use the
portable TV during a storm. I haven't looked at it but I understand
one of our local stations runs "all radar all the time" on one of the
digital channels.

I'm sure. While I'm looking for more entertainment, only 3 of the
stations in BAlt and DC currently have any. A fox station has one
other station not weather, a pbs has 3 or 4 stations and one other
stations has one

The rest just have Weather TV.

If you want to know what you might get, go to

www.zap2it.com and enter your zipcode and Broadcast Stations, when it
asks for it, and it will show you what all the digital stations have
scheduled.

You can also have preferences for this site, to give only the stations
you are interested in, either listed above the other ones or to the
exclusion of the other ones.

This might decide for some whehter to get a converter or tv now, or
wait until later.

When I get my converter that will replace the feed
to the TV I have out by the pool, that is on cable weather radar all
the time now.

If you're out by t he pool, can't you tell what the weather is?