Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default got a DTV converter

TomC wrote in
:

aemeijers wrote in news:YAjAj.288179$MJ6.256686
@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

mm wrote:
On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 16:37:00 -0500, wrote:

On 6 Mar 2008 13:41:24 GMT, Jim Yanik wrote:

Do they have any that run on batteries?

I have a duplex outlet on my patio.
Guess they don't have hurricanes in Orlando. That is when you need
a battery operated TV

I would like a battery operated DTV converter so that I can use my
2" tv.

Given that my DTV converter is bigger than my 2" LCD tv (forget the
brand- not that it matters in that size range)- is anyone yet
marketing similar sizes of digital TVs?

The ipods with screens are the only small video I see lately. Given
how crappy reception is on the tiny TVs, not surprised most stores
quit carrying them. (Mine was an impulse purchase from Sam's Club
remainder rack- marked down to 20 from 70, about 2 years ago.)

If anyone has one of the old Commodore 64 color monitors with
integral sound, you should be able to plug your DTV converter box
directly into that, for a no-fuss solution. Look in the basement and
see.

aem sends...

aem sends...

Do the new converter boxes have channel tuners in them? The commodore
monitors do not. How would you change channels? I always ran mine
through a vcr with a channel tuner then I routed to the monitor.

the DTV converter boxes ARE tuners.
they even come with a remote control,and you run your TV on Ch.3 or 4,like
with a cable or satellite decoder box.

they output either RF or composite video/stereo audio,so you could use it
with a monitor,but you would still need an audio amp and speakers.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik