Gary Coffman

Default Living without air conditioning.

On 24 Jul 2004 13:16:53 -0700, jim rozen wrote:
In article , Gary Coffman says...

I don't know where you got the 5% to 10% of total profit figure,

Obviously a SWAG on my part. I was unaware of the existing
statistics on decomissioning - but I'm sure that that cost
will only be going up.

Actually, no. The costs have gone down as more experience
has been gained, and better remote manipulator technology
has been developed. It took years to decommission the first
plants, today it takes months.

It could be done in days, but the nuclear industry is very
conservative, and there are government mandated approvals
which have to be obtained at each step. This is another case
where standardized modular plant would speed the process
and further lower the costs.

Gary