Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
axolotl axolotl is offline

Default Sheet Metal Sticker Shock

Tim Wescott wrote:

My plan was to get budgetary pricing

That changes things a bit. You may find "budgetary pricing" is a foreign
concept to most working fab shops (the fellows here that run shops could
tell us).

You apparently are in contact with engineering students- You might want
to slide one of them a few bucks and get dimensioned/toleranced drawings
to send out - or - have it given out as a mechanical engineering problem.

If you can give us more detail about what you need to do (having mounted
a fair number of servo pots I don't understand the .001" tolerance) the
folks here can give you some ideas about how to do it in budget within
the design parameters. We can't help it.

Kevin Gallimore