Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Dandy Paint Brush Cleaner

wrote:
On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 04:16:49 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Mar 7, 5:39 pm, "Steven Campbell" wrote:
wrote in message

On Mar 7, 5:05 pm, "Steven Campbell" wrote:

wrote in message
Thus spake Steven Campbell ) unto the assembled
multitudes:
Anyone know where I can get this paint brush cleaner or something
similar
in
the UK at a reasonable price, not the £20 I can only find it at!
http://www.seenontvproducts.net/brushcleaner/index.html
It is superb for cleaning brushes but the one I have had for about 15
years
is on its last legs.
Surely this is never going to clean a brush completely? I can't believe
that just spinning a brush or roller with a power drill will remove
*all*
the paint. For one thing it wouldn't inspire confidence in the adhesive
qualities of the paint :-)
Also I can't believe you could spin a roller or brush fast enough with
the
drill without something self-destructing, unless the roller or brush is
perfectly balanced.
Unless of course I'm missing something here...
I bought mine years ago after one of those demonstrations that make you
think you can't live without it ;o)
Absolutely great buy. Spin it for a minute or so and most of the excess
paint flies off the brush and I mean flies off. You need to do it inside a
bucket or box. Then dip the brush in some white spirit and spin it again
and the brush literally comes up like new. Not a single drop of paint
left.
The drill can get a bit hard to hold when spinning full throttle but
nothing
has broke yet.
Steven.
I've got one too and it works great. The only thing that concerns me
is the use of highly flammable liquids with an electric drill so
close. Is it not possible to ignite it all with the sparks made by the
drill motor?
Never thought about it but I suppose its possible.
My drill sparks quite often but I've never had a problem. Are fumes from
white spirit highly flammable?

Not sure but there's also the fact that spirit mixed with paint can
end up all over your hands while you're doing the cleaning.

Well if you are not sure ... how can you say and I quote:
"the fact is" ??

- He says he's not sure whether fumes from white spirit are highly
flammable;

- He says it's a fact that spirit mixed with paint can end up on your hands.

Seems reasonable enough to me...?

David