Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Hanging large plaque

Srt wrote:
Hi,
I have a large pottery plaque relief of a knight on a horse which had
wire looped hoops embedded in the back. for hanging .These have worn
through and broken away.
Is there some form or type of fixing that would replace these.
The plaque is 17" x 17" x 1" and is quite heavy .
It does not seem as if it could be drilled into at the rear. Any ideas
would be appreciated.
Stuart.

Glue it to a suitably sized and shaped slab of hardwood, and fasten that
to the wall? I'd try the local shop that makes trophies and plaques and
such- they probably know how to come up with something.

Only other idea would be to make a shadow box for it, with glass over
the front if needed.

aem sends...