Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve R.[_3_] Steve R.[_3_] is offline

Default Anyone know where to buy semi-silvered glass?

On 2008-03-06, Richard J Kinch wrote:
Christopher Tidy writes:

I also need some lens-removing tools. Not sure what they're called.

You must mean spanners. Edmund Optics, Thorlabs for some pricey ones.
Ebay for a budget type.

O.K. Looking under Edmund Scientific, I did not find them last
night, but looking under Edmund Optics tonight, I find them. Try:

http://www.edmundoptics.com/onlinecatalog/displayproduct.cfm?productID=1457&search=1

complete with a link to download the (one-page) manual in PDF format.

Often the rings are hardly tight, and can be turned out with the tip of
a tiny screwdriver on one side, or the filed-down tips of needlenose
pliers
on both sides. Give it a try.

Indeed so. Or make a special spanner as I described in the
article which I just posted.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Try searching for 1/2 aluminised glass. Might yield better results.

Steve R.

--
Reply address munged to bugger up spammers