Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vernon Vernon is offline

Default OT DIY bug identification

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
Vernon wrote:
"Tim Downie" wrote in message
Vernon wrote:
Hi, a little OT but senior management has found a 6 legged beetle in
the kitchen, and wants to know what it is, I have taken some (poor)
pictures can anyone identify it please, as I am getting ear ache big
style.
thanks

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/nwatson...s/PICT3433.JPG

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/nwatson...s/PICT3435.JPG

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/nwatson...s/PICT3437.JPG

Will this do?

http://www.pbase.com/holopain/image/44131253

(Common leaf weevil)

Tim

Tim,

Thanks for a prompt ID. Googling at species info on the net, they
like crab apple trees, and guess what we have a few feet from the
house! Er indoors is much happier now she knows what it is and where
it has likely come from.

She might not be when it starts eating her plants!

Peter Crosland

Fortunately we do not have any plants in the house, well a money tree thing
on the kitchen window is about all.