Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default IRS Audit..!

On Mar 7, 1:40*pm, "Cheri" gserviceatinreachdotcom wrote:
Malcolm Hoar wrote in message ...
In article ,

(N O) wrote:

What a time to get this piece of mail. Any advice on *how to deal

with
an IRS audit?
Now I'll have to pay for this AND come up with the money for 07

soon.

Anyone been through a field audit? Everything I read says do it at

their
office. They want to come to my home based office.. My *business

broke
100k in '06 and apparently that substantially raises your odds of

being
audited..

Sounds like you took a home-office deduction. Bad idea.
As my CPA put it... "they get a hard on the second they
see a home office deduction".

Well, unless you home office is a completely separate
room with no "personal" stuff in it at all, I suggest
you meet at their offices, if you can ;-) You'll also
have some time if they ask for a document that you
forgot to bring with you.

The criteria here in CA where I am, is no personal stuff, and no
clothes closet, so it can't be construed as a bedroom or family room
etc., you can store files and things, but no clothes.If he goes there,
he should be prepared to run back and forth at least fifty times to
get the documents he didn't think about. I'd sooner trap them in my
home, and chain smoke. JK, I don't smoke in my home.;-)

Cheri- Hide quoted text -

I'd sooner trap them in my home, and chain smoke.

My wife and I once made an insurance salesman give us his pitch at our
picnic table...in October...at sundown.

We were dressed for it, he wasn't. That was fun!