Martin

Default Wiring a CAT5e home network

"BigWallop" wrote in message

I can use the cat5 for ... video (via adaptors that are
available, which also allow remote control data) hard wire a link etc.

Haven't come across this before. Can you say a little more about video

via
Cat 5, please? What adaptors? Where / price? Or a URL?

Eh !!!! You haven't heard of it ? You want to buy a system ? :-))

Will think about that, thanks, but by all means send me one for "field
trials". I'll then report back in a couple of years ;-)

Seriuosly though, it's been available for many years.

http://www.scene-double.co.uk/sdlink.htm

Thanks, Pillow Bag and Stephen.

I hadn't stopped to think about the word "video". Have I understood the
links correctly in thinking that squirting the (analogue) video o/p from my
VCR to a tv via Cat5E is not really feasible?

--
Martin

[remove barrier to reply]