Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Sharrock Brian Sharrock is offline

Default Dandy Paint Brush Cleaner

wrote in message
Thus spake Steven Campbell ) unto the assembled
multitudes:
Anyone know where I can get this paint brush cleaner or something similar
in
the UK at a reasonable price, not the £20 I can only find it at!
http://www.seenontvproducts.net/brushcleaner/index.html

It is superb for cleaning brushes but the one I have had for about 15
years
is on its last legs.

Then, "A.Clews" -who self-evidentally has no experience if the device
interjected; -

Surely this is never going to clean a brush completely?

OT DOES! brushes and roller pads - using the appropriate attachments ...

I can't believe
that just spinning a brush or roller with a power drill will remove *all*
the paint.

Wbich perhaps exp;lains why you're almost unheard of whilst the inventor us
well known?

For one thing it wouldn't inspire confidence in the adhesive
qualities of the paint :-)

Most people clean their brushes while the paint is still wet. Allowing a
brush to 'dry' until the paint fotms a solid and adhered structure is _not _
recommended.
BYW; if you 'smudge' a freshly painted surface (with your sleeve. perhaps?)
and paint comes off .. what does that incident inspire in you of the
adhesive qualities of the paint?
Have you heard of the techniques of 'tag-tolling; faux-marbleing;
wood-graining; varnishing; etc. etc.?
Whar confidence in the adhesive qualities of the paint do these techniques
inspire?

Also I can't believe you could spin a roller or brush fast enough with the
drill without something self-destructing, unless the roller or brush is
perfectly balanced.

Quite a lot of opinion for something you admit you've no experience of!
Why not pop down the road to the sheds and purchase a set, experiment with
it , -THEN- opine on its efficacy?

Unless of course I'm missing something here...

--
Andy Clews
University of Sussex

--