Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Usenet User Usenet User is offline

Default Paint filling for engraving on ABS plastic?

I was planning to avoid clear coat, if possible. But thanks anyway!

On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 22:24:18 -0600, "Martin H. Eastburn"
wrote:

You can use a clear coat coating that hardens nicely.

My wife painted the leo flooring in the kitchen, over coated it
with clear coat and after two days we could walk on it.
Then for years it stood up and was washed.

She used two layers.

Martin
Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

Usenet User wrote:
Isn't it too fragile?

Thanks!

On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 21:32:35 -0600, "Martin H. Eastburn"
wrote:

Use acrylic paints.
Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

Usenet User wrote:
Which paint(s) can be used to fill engraved ABS plastic keys? The
paint should withstand frequent touching by fingers.

Thanks!