Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Who prefers traditional units?

On 2008-03-07 22:30:10 +0000, Dave said:

Andy, stopping you here, just what is your full time job?

I have several running in parallel. One of them is my personal healthcare

I have an aversion to NICE, in the fact that they are not nice to
English patients.

They are what they are and politically and economically influenced.

The problem is that most people don't realise that the NHS is not a
benevolent sugar daddy constituted to take care of their every health
need, but a very poorly run public bureaucracy which cynically metes
out treatment via obfuscated policies that cn be manipulated at will.
At best, the philosophy is one of how can we treat the most patients or
run the shortest queue per amount P. It should be one of what is
needed to treat individual (I) n order to achieve the most effective
outcome. Cost is a factor, but the NHS conveyor belt mentality is
simply not useful in terms of patient care, just forming a convenient
way for civil servants to minimise their workloads.