Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Who prefers traditional units?

Andy Hall wrote:
On 2008-03-07 00:11:17 +0000, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

His rather limp reply was that they wouldn't do me any harm. Apart
from wasting NHS resource of course.

Generic statins are cheap so this is a non issue. The funding path
between our pockets and the point of delivery of healthcare is the
actual waste of resource, which is why the NHS as currently arranged
should receive major surgery.

It certainly isn't a non issue. Prescribing something of doubtful
value & justifying it because they are 'cheap' is a terrible waste
of limited resource. If they are cheap & prescribed by the million
its still lots of money.

In comparison to the potential cost of long term care of those
disabled by cardiovascular events, it's very cheap.

Not if it doesn't work it isn't.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk