Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steven Campbell[_3_] Steven Campbell[_3_] is offline

Default Dandy Paint Brush Cleaner

wrote in message
Thus spake Steven Campbell ) unto the assembled
multitudes:
Anyone know where I can get this paint brush cleaner or something similar
in
the UK at a reasonable price, not the £20 I can only find it at!
http://www.seenontvproducts.net/brushcleaner/index.html

It is superb for cleaning brushes but the one I have had for about 15
years
is on its last legs.

Surely this is never going to clean a brush completely? I can't believe
that just spinning a brush or roller with a power drill will remove *all*
the paint. For one thing it wouldn't inspire confidence in the adhesive
qualities of the paint :-)

Also I can't believe you could spin a roller or brush fast enough with the
drill without something self-destructing, unless the roller or brush is
perfectly balanced.

Unless of course I'm missing something here...

I bought mine years ago after one of those demonstrations that make you
think you can't live without it ;o)

Absolutely great buy. Spin it for a minute or so and most of the excess
paint flies off the brush and I mean flies off. You need to do it inside a
bucket or box. Then dip the brush in some white spirit and spin it again
and the brush literally comes up like new. Not a single drop of paint left.

The drill can get a bit hard to hold when spinning full throttle but nothing
has broke yet.

Steven.