Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Bonner Martin Bonner is offline

Default Dandy Paint Brush Cleaner

On Mar 7, 4:17 pm, wrote:
Thus spake Steven Campbell ) unto the assembled multitudes:

Anyone know where I can get this paint brush cleaner or something similar in
the UK at a reasonable price, not the £20 I can only find it at!

Buy from the man himself:
http://www.handysolutionsuk.com

http://www.seenontvproducts.net/brushcleaner/index.html
It is superb for cleaning brushes but the one I have had for about
15 years is on its last legs.

Surely this is never going to clean a brush completely? I can't believe
that just spinning a brush or roller with a power drill will remove *all*
the paint. For one thing it wouldn't inspire confidence in the adhesive
qualities of the paint :-)

Ah, but the adhesive quality of the paint that is of interest, is once
it has dried. The brush cleaner relies on you spinning it /before/ it
dries.

It is remarkably effective. Note that you spin it once to get "most"
of the paint off, rinse in brush cleaner, and spin again to get it
practically all off.

Also I can't believe you could spin a roller or brush fast enough with
the drill without something self-destructing, unless the roller or
brush is perfectly balanced.

Unless of course I'm missing something here...

It only works on small brushes (for oil paint). Emulsion brushes
won't fit in the holder (this is probably a feature!)